Monday, November 16, 2009

Veal and Sausage Ragu


A ragu is a hearty sauce of meat and veggies. I've been looking for a wonderful recipe for years and this is it!!
I sauted diced onions and carrots with garlic and parsley. After they were done I cooked Italian sausage and some veal stew meat in the same skillet. When they were cooked, I returned the veggies and added some white wine. I cooked this down till the wine was almost evaporated. Then I did the same with chicked stock. The entire mixture went into a food processor and was coarsley chopped.
I combined the meat mix with canned tomatoes, bay and fresh sage. I simmered this for about an hour, adding chicken stock along the way.
While the stock was simmering, I sauted some mushrooms to add at the end and served the ragu over pasta.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


advancecash.info